The Marin County Suicide Prevention Collaborative
The Marin County Suicide Prevention Collaborative launched in August 2020 following the release of the board approved Marin County Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan. The Collaborative is comprised of public and private agencies and individuals, including community members, behavioral specialists, senior advocates, health care leaders, crisis interventionists, educators and many more.
The focus of the Collaborative is to implement a seven-strategy strategic plan, including:
- Establish infrastructure to provide leadership, oversight, and accountability to the Strategic Plan
- Develop a coordinated system of care to promote suicide prevention and wellness
- Implement public campaigns to raise awareness about warning signs, promote available resources, and increase help-seeking
- Provide evidence-based training and education to Marin County residents
- Provide outreach, engagement, and support to all residents with targeted efforts to groups disproportionately affected by suicide
- Foster safe and healthy environments on all school campuses
- Reduce access to lethal means for those at risk of suicide
The Collaborative pursues a comprehensive public health framework addressing prevention, intervention and postvention at the individual, community and institutional levels. The Collaborative meets monthly on the first Wednesday at 2 pm. If you'd like to attend the Collaborative meetings, join a Community Team, or receive a recording of the Collaborative meetings, contact the BHRS Prevention and Outreach Team.