In the news
KRON 4 Update: Suicide Prevention in Marin
This special KRON 4 News features Jei Africa, PsyD, Director of Marin County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, and Chris Kughn, LMFT, CEO of Buckelew Programs, discussing suicide prevention, and the Marin Suicide Prevention Hotline as a source of support and the need to stay connected.
KTVU Rocked by Suicides, Marin County Residents Turn Despair into Action
Marin County mother turns despair into action, joins suicide prevention program. Marin County has been rocked by a rising number of suicides in recent years. Now the county is confronting the problem. Officials have unveiled a strategic plan to reduce suicide attempts and deaths.
Marin Independent Journal and Marin Magazine
- Marin_IJ_Article_Marin_County_Unveils_Strategic_Pl... 110.08 KB
- Marin_Supervisors_Approve_Suicide_Prevention_Plan_... 418.48 KB
- Marin_Supervisors_Approve_Suicide_Prevention_Plan_... 150.42 KB
- Marin IJ Report_Suicide_Rates_Decline_2021.pdf 1.64 MB
- Marin_IJ_Article_Parents_Push_for_Marin_Awareness_... 181.24 KB
- Marin_Magazine_Loss_of_Two_Novato_High_Students.pd... 885.32 KB
Stay up to date by reading our recent local press releases about mental health and suicide prevention.